Rookie Blue 5x09 thoughts:
+ I like the bodycam footage, especially Sam/Andy’s.
+ I think they’d all be more ‘ugh’ about seeing themselves on camera.
+ ‘I’d rather mop the floor with my tongue.’ Classic Gail.
+ Chloe, no one asked for your opinion. I also find it hilarious how none of the other random cops get given an assignment or have anything to contribute. They just sit there silent at the back. May as well be Chris’ lifesize standee.
+ ‘Pants off, camera off.’ Bahaha.
+ Lots of longer shots with people coming in and out of frame. Blue Heelers style.
+ Good point, Sam, about Andy second guessing herself anyway.
+ ‘That old chestnut.’ Sam, you are such an old man sometimes and I love it.
+ ‘Who eats dinner at 5?’ was classic. Also, I got to use that line the other day when out with my Mum and all these people were eating dinner in the restaurants we walked past. Mum pointed out how weirdly busy they were considering it was only 5 and then I got to quote Sammy. Anyways.
+ I like how Chloe dramatically raised the pen when Andy said pothole.
+ ‘A very fantastic day.’ Haha. Gail is so great.
+ ‘The failed pales’ was a good line, even though it came from Nick.
+ ‘Yeah my parents still hate you anyway.’ Another great Gail line.
+ I thought it was realistic to have people recording the incident on their phones, when the dude grabbed Andy’s hand.
+ Wish Sam had been there to be all protective.
Rookie Blue 5x08 thoughts:
- Cute opening with Sam/Andy. I love how Andy is so dramatic and Sam doesn’t tell her she is overreacting or anything. He knows she needs to rant.
- Sam’s ‘mhm’. And calling her ‘dear’. The joking condescension is so cute.
- The way Missy delivered the ‘you get me through the night’ was so good. Just matter of fact.
- Sam’s expression made me melt. He is genuinely touched. And the little head movement.
- Crazy eyes before he kisses her. Haha.
- I like her jacket. I want it.
- Chris, umm Dave, the first step is admitting you have a problem.
- Cranky Oliver is no fun.
- Nice to see Gail and Andy working together. Magical girl guide sash. Great line.
- Andy is so appalled by the ridiculous call about the ‘hostile cat’. So funny.
- I like that they stick to Andy’s characterisation. The fact that she wants to play by the rules and do the right thing.
Now that I am up to date on my RB thoughts posts, I can do one for this weeks. I loved it, but I am not quite bouncing off the walls like I thought I would be. I don’t know if it’s all the Zach/Missy stuff that is affecting me, or if the awesomeness hasn’t sunk in yet. I only watched it a couple of hours ago. Anyways…
Rookie Blue 5x06 thoughts:
+ Andy, why didn’t you get Sam a muffin too? That’s okay, you can share it.
+ I love how the random other cops are always stuck in the back during parade.
+ Gail, I love you. Making an online dating profile for Nick? Brilliant. Taking a profile pic while he’s driving? Even more brilliant.
+ Chloe, I just have zero interest in you.
+ Andy, you are so cute ‘road trip, yay.’
+ Sam, you did a lousy job of acting normal. Andy is totally gonna know something is up.
+ Um, Steve, don’t you have any work to do? Why do you have time to pick up Dex?
+ So Dex has met Steve and knows he and Traci are a couple?
+ Sam putting on the radio. Andy knows something’s up.
+ The way Andy found out what was up with Sam / found out about his dad was a little contrived. But I’ll let it slide. Hard thing to write. At least the prison guard mentioned another person they had yet to speak to. It made it a little more authentic.
+ Sam and Andy’s fight was really believable and well acted (that goes without saying but I am saying it anyway).
+ Sam’s comment about Andy not telling him ‘those stories.’ She was so firm and hurt in her response that she’d told him everything. Does that mean that those stories don’t exist? Or that she has let him know about her childhood, but just not detailed stories like that, figuring he can fill in the blanks cause it’s pretty obvious? I mean, she must have stories like that right? Do share your thoughts! My ask box is always open!